Location. Location, Location!
Location, Location, Location!!! The attractive combination of tranquil Floridian nature and proximity to the Orlando action makes this villa a perfect base for a quiet rest or for hectic trips round the attractions . Or why not have the best of both worlds! It's hard to beat this location for your stay in Orlando.
- If it's action you want then Disney is just 12-15 mins away - you can't get much closer than that without paying Disney's prices! All the major parks and attractions are within 15- 25 mins of the villa.
- If it's tranquility then the heated pool enjoys expansive views of the lake and forest.
- If it is nature/wildlife you want then the lake is bounded by the Shingle Creek nature preserve so you can enjoy Floridian wildlife up close - every day. Watch the turkeys, owls, heron, cranes, anhingas, egrets, otters, deer, the odd gator and much more as you lie in your bed or as you lounge by the heated pool. So bring your cameras and binoculars, you never know what you might see! Shingle Creek is commonly recognised as the "Headwaters of the Everglades" and you can rent a canoe just 3/4 mile north of the villa (http://www.paddlingcenter.com/ ) and make your own way through this tranquil, unspoiled Florida wilderness. You can also walk the trails or fish the creek waters. We can also advise on other Florida wildlife "gems" that we have discovered over the years.
- For shopping and restaurants you are just 3/4 mile from US192 - the main artery of the Kissimmee resort area - and the giant 24x7 Walmart store is just a 2 minute drive away or a leisurely 15 min stroll along quiet Bass Road.
- The beach in 75mins.(Cocoa or Melbourne), so it is practical to fit a half-day enjoying the warm waters of the Atlantic into a busy vacation.
- You play golf? Many excellent golf courses within minutes.
We know what makes a great villa holiday
We are Brian & Linda Hall. We have owned a villa in Florida for 27 years and love the place, the weather, the laid-back lifestyle and the wealth of activities available whenever you want to indulge yourself. We have "done" the theme parks with the family and now spend more time relaxing, travelling and visiting the wonderful State Parks to enjoy the Floridian wildlife - the other side of Florida.
We use a local management company - a man and wife team with the personal touch - so we trust them with our villa and your vacation.